1. What is the best / worst purchase you’ve ever made?
2. What is a talent of yours, that others would probably deem "useless" ?
(If i dont have an opener, I can open up any bottle with a crown cork with the help of random things, a lighter, a high Heels, pen, edge of the table, a fork, etc. So yeah...)
I just thought of one. I have a special connection with animals. Animals are drawn to me (especially dogs). I actually went to a reiki specialist once who told me I’m an animal empath. I’m taking that with a grain of salt, but I never mentioned anything about my love of animals or anything other than my name and date of birth (on the intake form). But it’s like I can connect and communicate with them without needing words. And I can help calm them too. I held a baby chick in my hand and lulled it to sleep when I was 12. I got a hyperactive goat to cuddle with me & even lick my hand and was able to hold a skittish feral cat when I was 16. I’ve got so many stories like this.
I guess that can be considered a talent, knowing how to communicate with animals and calm/sooth them.
My best purchase was a rose. It lead to having my first baby and getting married.
I can find the perfectly sized container for any left over dish and I can do a backflip on a trampoline.
My worst was probably a cat toy that righted itself after being knocked over. My boy looked at me suspiciously when I set it down. I smacked it to show him how it worked. When it bounced back up the size of his eyes took over his face and he left the room faster than the speed of light. He didn't surface til the next day.
My useless talent - well nearly everything I do seems to be an eighth of an inch out. I can measure twice and be 1/8 out. I'll buy things to put in a gift basket, and be 1/8 out. I'm even 1/8 short of 5ft tall. It's an on-going joke in my life.
1. Best purchase: my Keurig Duo. I can choose happiness in the form of a cup or a pot 😬
2. I’m sort of a human calculator. I’m not even the best human calculator in the family—my brother is. But I am a percent master 😂. That’s because I’m a shopaholic who chases sales. Oh, my master useless talent is that I play 6 or 7 musical instruments 😂. I should have spent more time learning languages than how to be a one-woman band 😬
1. The worst purchase of my life was a chainsaw, which I had to return 3 times in a row before it was repaired normally. 2. Even wearing my boots, I can walk almost silently on the floor tiles.
1 The Porsche that I bought in 1992 and then had for 22 years before it was stolen. It represented a time in my life never to be repeated.
2 I can do the splits.
Love all the answers :)
I love all of our "useless" talents. and really.. if they make you happy.. or even just give other people something to smile about.. they really cant be useless can they?
Don't let the energy of sucky people diminish your light.
Best purchase- since the start of Covid, an air fryer. I can’t believe I’ve lived all these years without one 😂
2. Worst purchase- NOT my decisions but still have my name attached? Doug’s fault. Buying a 176 year old run down house that will NEVER be completely remodeled in my lifetime AND a timeshare he bought in Florida 28 years ago that’s done nothing but suck money ever since and we’ve only used it two times in 28 years 🙄
3. useless talent- I have no talents anymore 🤷♀️
1 Best purchase I ever made was my hearing aids. Can‘t think of a worst purchase. I will always find a use for something and, if I can’, return time.
2. A useless talent that I have is I can see/read people’s auras.
So the answer for question 1 isn't one I purchased but my mum did and it was a soft water system for her house... she has the worst case of buyers remorse ever about that.
As for "useless" talent... idk I can do interpretive dance to songs at y church. They seem to like em... 💁♀️