• 3 cups Greek yoghurt (not 0% fat)
• 1/2 Hot House (English) cucumber
• 3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 3-4 tbsps olive oil (preferably Greek)
• 3tbsps fresh dill (chopped)
1. Wash the cucumber very well and then coarsely grate it.
2. Line a colander with a few sheets of kitchen paper and let the cucumber drain for a couple of hours.
3. Then squeeze it out to make sure most of the moisture has gone.
4. Mix all the rest of the ingredients together and chill for at least a couple of hours for the flavors to develop.
You can serve this as an appetizer or with lamb or pork. Of course, it’s a must when you’re eating souvlaki.