THE OFFICIAL SITE
• Box of Phyllo pastry
• 2 cups unsalted butter; melted
• 1 lb mixed chopped walnuts & almonds
• 1 cup toasted breadcrumbs
3 cups sugar
2 cups water
3 tbsps honey
Strip of lemon peel
1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Roasting pan the same size as the phyllo pastry, liberally buttered
2. Mix all the dry ingredients; cinnamon and nutmeg to taste
3. Layer 3 sheets of the phyllo, each piece brushed with melted butter before laying the next.
Spread dry mixture liberally.
4. Continue in the same way until nut mixture is finished. Top with 3 buttered sheets of phyllo.
5. Score the pastry with a sharp knife into diamond serving pieces.
6. Bake 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
1. Boil up all the ingredients until a syrup is formed.
2. Let the Baklava cool down and then pour on the hot syrup.